mws vs metar data, nsw 1, metar 0

METAR is a std data format that has been used for many years. I've been
using a gkrellm, with its plugin gk-weather for about a decade, but I've
just become aware that the last time I got valid METAR data from the
airport about 20 miles northeast of me was on July 28th.

So as a double-chk, I installed the metar program from the wheezy repo.
It reports:

gene@sheldon:~$ metar -v KCKB
Retrieving URL
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/KCKB.TXT
METAR pattern not found in NOAA data.

So I switched to a slightly closer airport in Buchannon wv, and get the
same response.

gene@sheldon:~$ metar -v KW22
Retrieving URL
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/KW22.TXT
METAR pattern not found in NOAA data.

Poking around on the NOAA.gov main site, there is no mention of it being
discontinued that is easily searched for.

Anybody have a light to shine on this?

Thanks everybody.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)