Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 09:25:46AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2016-09-30 14:32:49 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > For goodness sake!!!  This is Debian.  Open Source.  Choice.  Your call.
> > Either rewrite Aptitude and publish a fork; use it; or don't use it.  I like
> > it.  Many like it.  No-one is making you use it.  Use your package manager of
> > choice, or no package manager and manage your own dependency hell.  But do
> > stop complaining and moaning.
>
> I had looked at the source of the resolver code to see if I could do
> something, but it was too horrible to read.

Translation: you couldn't understand it.

What does that mean ? What's wrong with not understanding piece of code ?

Sometimes people lost their way in open source. The matter in open source is not sharing free code, it's about sharing knowledge. If documentation does not reflect the way code work then something is bad.

Users complaining about code is really important in open source. If you're not agree with that why are you still using open source software ?

The "I like it and it works for me" is not enough.