Re: default image viewer in midnight commander

On Fri 07 Oct 2016 at 14:36:45 (-0400), Celejar wrote:

> > >Try /etc/mc/mc.ext which calls /usr/lib/mc/ext.d/image.sh
>
> Either there, or (my preference) ~/.config/mc/mc.ext

I can't be sure whether the existence of the latter prevents the /etc
file being read, or just overrides it. In any case, the first matching
rule is what is used, so if it's there it needs to be correct.

> > I have in /etc/mc/mc.ext:
> >
> > include/image
> >         Open=feh %f
> >         View=feh %f ALL_FORMATS
> >
> > but that does not help
>
> I'm not sure what your 'include' directive is doing (it's impossible to
> know without seeing the rest of your file). Try replacing that line with a
> simpler 'shell/.jpg' or similar, restart mc, and see if it works.

It looks as if you've just replaced the shell command with feh.
I don't know what feh thinks of ALL_FORMATS, but it needs removing.

Rant: I won't have feh on my system. man feh says
"feh — image viewer and cataloguer" but it will
happily modify your pictures (unless you set
-r--r--r--) without a word, ie it's an EDITOR,
not a viewer.

Cheers,
David.