Re: installing firmware during stretch install

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:32:36 -0600, pcr1 <pcr@pcrt.us> wrote:
> install I get a missing firmware message asking me to supply
> rtl_nic/rtl8168g-2fw on removable media.  I found rtl8168g-2fw on my
> laptop in lib/firmware/rtl_nic and copied it to a folder I labled
> rtl_nic on a flash drive.  Then I ran the install again on my AMD box
> and clicked yes when asked for the missing firmware after I plugged in
> the flash drive.  Did I do that right?  My install still does not
> configure the network and says my network hardware may not be working
> properly.  All help is appreciated.

	I just installed Jessie on a laptop with Realtek wifi card. And
installer did not find firmware in usb stick. I had to open another
console, mount usb stick, copy firmware to /lib/firmware/rtl_wifi - then
installer would find it. So you could try copying that firmware file to
/lib/firmware/rtl_nic directory (You need to create directory alos).

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee