veeger is infected ...startx again

... humans are infecting Veeger. I figured I'd fix the display manager problem with a clean install. Here's the fun part that gives me the giggles: I downloaded the testing DVD to install clean from, whilst thinking it would be stretch or sid. Best laid plans of mice.

I rebooted upon completion and it went smoothly. I installed my Nvidia drivers and that went smooth. It was all soooo stupidly smooth that I suspected something was wrong. Surprise, my sources list reflected Jessie, not Stretch or Sid. I <cough cough> FIXED that. Figuring baby steps I'd go for Stretch. Long story short. I'm back to the black screen with itty bitty mouse cursor where I should be logging in. Synaptic is also acting up again with the drop down menus refusing to drop down.

I'm fulla pain killers (legitimately prescribed!) so I figure a much younger, and more agile, mind with figure this out. I'll even buy my newly found favorite cube-monkey a pizza, as long as the order doesn't require truffles.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html