Re: Recommendation: Backup system

Am 01.10.2016 um 16:46 schrieb Bob Weber:
I use backuppc.  It is web browser based setup and usage.  It takes
incremental and full backups that can remain as long as you want or have
space for.  It can browse files by name or in a version mode where you
can see the date where a file changed and restore an earlier version if
you want (or to a separate  download directory).  It compresses files
for space and only keeps one copy of a file's data if it is located in
different directories or servers (using hard links as needed).  It can
even backup user data for windows users (samba).  I use the rsync
transfer for Linux machines and even with windows running Cygwin.

I like the web interface part i have to say (Just browsed their website :) )
I will look into it ;)
(I have currently no windows machines here, but that might change in the future since i plan to deplay Windows Server 2012 R2)

Thanks for the hint ;)

I currently backup 8 computers going back almost 1 year.  I even backup
a vm at digital ocean.  Backuppc reports this:

144 full backups of total size 8951.56GB (prior to pooling and compression),
57 incr backups of total size 57.13GB (prior to pooling and compression).
Pool is 358.94GB comprising 1903010 files and 4369 directories (as of
10/1 01:09).

So 8951GB is compressed or pooled into just 358 GB!

The compression is quite nice, i might have at least 100GB to backup here. (Maybe a little more depending on what i want to save)

*...Bob*

Greets

mo