Re: Recommendation: Backup system

Am 01.10.2016 um 14:40 schrieb Mark Fletcher:
On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 11:37:31AM +0200, mo wrote:
Hi Debian users :)

Information:
Distributor ID:	Debian
Release:	8.6
Codename:	jessie

As the title say i'm in search for a backup application/system.
Currently i manage my backups with a little script that i wrote... but it
does not really serve my needs anymore.
I want to be able to make backups on my main PC and also on my server, the
backups i would then store on my NAS.

Make a long story short:
Have you guys a recommendation for me?
Is there a specific application you use for your backups guys?

I know Gene is a fan of Amanda, I have it on my list to try it out
myself based on positive remarks he has made about it in the past.

Sounds good to me :) - I'll set that on the todo list myself to (Just checked the webpage of Amanda and it does sound pretty good!).

Gene, can you elaborate on Amanda? :) (If Gene does read this mail)

Mark

Greets

mo