Re: Configuring Exim for mail delivery

Am 01.10.2016 um 14:00 schrieb Mark Fletcher:
On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 01:39:47PM +0200, mo wrote:

Am 01.10.2016 um 13:22 schrieb Brian:
On Sat 01 Oct 2016 at 12:36:10 +0200, mo wrote:

I just did that and now mailing works flawlessly :D
Just one questions: Why do i need hubbed_host entries? Should it not be fine
alone to make a entry in /etc/hosts for the machines i want to send mail to
(I do not operate a dedicated DNS server).
This is something i dont really understand...

I'd suggest you try it and look at the logs.

Watch out, you may piss off your ISP if you repeatedly send emails it
can't deliver. They'll make their displeasure felt by not delivering
_any_ mails for you for a while. My suggestion is get local delivery
working first, then turn attention to mails outside.

Thanks for the hint Mark :)
So far i only tried it twice, i think i'm save for the moment. :D haha

Mark