Re: Mutt and monthly delete old messages

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 04:01:01PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Mon 26 Sep 2016 at 23:36:54 +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:
>
> > Any advice on the smoothest way to get background archiving (which in
> > this case means deletion) of old messages in this scenario? I'm not
> > married to a Mutt solution, any solution that will automatically delete
> > the right mails at the right time is fine. Gene I think you have
> > mentioned in the past that you have something in place for this don't
> > you?
>
> I don't do what I think you want to do but archivemail (which is in
> Debian) looks worth exploring,

 Archivemail moves old mail out of a mailbox (in Maildir, MH, or mbox format, or
 via IMAP) and archives it in a compressed mbox-format mailbox file. It
is well
 suited to be run from cron for automatic archiving of your old mail.
 Archivemail can also just delete old mail so it is useful for cleaning up
 mailing list or spam mailboxes.

Lifted that from aptitude show archivemail. This is perfect, exactly
what I was after! Thanks Brian!

Mark