Re: installing firmware during stretch install

On 09/24/2016 03:32 PM, pcr1 wrote:
> Hi.  I am trying to install stretch onto my AMD64 box using wifi. During
> install I get a missing firmware message asking me to supply
> rtl_nic/rtl8168g-2fw on removable media.  I found rtl8168g-2fw on my
> laptop in lib/firmware/rtl_nic and copied it to a folder I labled
> rtl_nic on a flash drive.  Then I ran the install again on my AMD box
> and clicked yes when asked for the missing firmware after I plugged in
> the flash drive.  Did I do that right?  My install still does not
> configure the network and says my network hardware may not be working
> properly.  All help is appreciated.

https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware

See the line that starts "Alternatively, there are now versions of the
'netinst' CD images that also include all the non-free firmware packages
directly", the link is:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)