Re: change password prompt

On 09/19/2016 10:21 AM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:01:33AM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
On 09/19/2016 10:25 AM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 09:59:03AM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
I had, on a prior machine, changed the password prompt for sudo by adding
something (it was "ENTER NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODE:" in fact) to the sudoers file,
but at the moment I can not recall what/how I did it, but I'd like to do it
again.
Anyone?

sudoers(5) says that you should change 'passprompt_override' setting.

Reco

I'm trying, but failing to find an example of how to use that, like the
precise syntax to use.
The man page doesn't give any example, so it's not clear how to use it.

This line in /etc/sudoers works for me:

Defaults passprompt_override,passprompt="ENTER NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODE:"

Of course you should use visudo, not edit /etc/sudoers directly.

True. But I use mc, have done so for years and that seems to work. What am I endangering?

Hugo