page RELOAD by Firefox

My limited G4 data allocation is being depleted much too rapidly for my
budget.  I suspect that the culprit is the web page of a personal weather
station (PWS) in which page measurements are updated every ten minutes.  I
keep a Firefox window open to monitor the web page.

I do not understand the mechanism, but every time I click on the window or
tab in which the PWS web page is displayed, I see the latest data, without
clicking the Firefox RELOAD button.  Thus, it appears to me that the PWS
web page somehow is notifying Firefox every time the web page is updated,
and that Firefox is automatically loading the update.

Is there a way to keep Firefox from automatically reloading this
particular web page?  Or am I misunderstanding what is happening here?

RLH