Re: internet connectivity from Comcast

On Friday 16 September 2016 02:02:04 Alan McConnell wrote:
> There is a class of people on this E-list who seem to think that
>      the Jessie installer couldn't possibly be expected to recognize a
> Windoze OS, especially since Windows 10 is "so new".  My reaction is:
> codswallop!

We know that.  You seem to be completely unable to say anything politely.

Let's just reword that: Jessie is old.  That is the problem.  If you use
Stretch, which is new, apparently the problem is less and people are working
on it.  MS wanted to make it difficult, or preferably impossible, to dual
boot with Windows 10, which doesn't help.

The installer will not be rewritten for Jessie, which is old, because Jessie
is Stable.  I.e. things don't change.  It could not be written for Windows 10
before Windows 10 existed, since the developers haven't got a crystal ball,
much as you think that idea is codswallop, and it could not be rewritten for
Windows 10 after Windows 10 existed because that is the nature of Stable.  It
doesn't change.

Since you obviously don't like Jessie, and are unwilling to try to adapt to
it, why on earth are you using it?  There are loads of other things you could
be using, including, but not only, other versions of Debian, which would
probably suit you better.

Do you think you could possibly try to be polite, just once?

Incidentally:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/english/?q=E-list

And the result of a search on E-list on the Oxford Dictionary site:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/a_&_e

Lisi