Re: lynx - not all sites readable

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, Hans wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2016, 20:06:40 CEST schrieb Karen Lewellen:
Hi Karen,

thanks for your hint! This is working. Deactivating sending the agent, let me
read the site. However, still there is the problem, that I cannot step to
submenus on the site. If one wants to see, what I mean:

go to www.nvidia.com, then try to go to the "Drivers" link. The colour here is
purple of the link, and cannot be reached.

Hi Hans,
Okay,  here is what I just did to reach that area.
Indeed you are correct, especially if you have the links are numbered option turned on, there is no clear way to reach the drivers area.
However lynx will display  and allow you to reach hidden links on a page.
Once you go through the steps providing the content on this site, choose the l key as in the letter l. You are presented in order the links on the page, starting with the visible ones.
Now,  if you use the search function, /
and enter the word hidden, you are taken to the list of hidden links on the page, including one for the drivers.
with links are numbered turned on, at least for me, it is number 114.
activate the hidden link option for the drivers and you are taken to the page where they are listed.
Does this make sense?
Kare

Hans

Hi,
Forgive this not being in context.
If you are using the most current development edition of Lynx from April
25  of this year and you are reaching sites that present a message like
the following,
403 forbidden,
I suggest you try the following.
open the options menu and arrow down to the item that says
   "send user agent," with an exclamation mark because the change  cannot
be saved  permanently.
unchecked this option do the temporary  save options  and you will get
confirmation that the value has been accepted.
if you are still on the site in question, things may improve right
away.  if not try the site again, with positive results..or such is
my experience   almost all of the time when I reach the forbidden message.
I hope this is helpful,
Karen