Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved

On Wednesday 14 September 2016 01:50:44 Alan McConnell wrote:
> More perhaps tomorrow.  I have tasks to perform before bed.  But maybe
> someone can tell me why the installer can't look at the partitions and
> determine that there is some kind of OS already installed?  Why does it
> have to know about Windows 10 to behave sensibly?  "Curious minds . . . "

It can.  But MS put a lot of effort into making it difficult to dual boot with
Windows 10, and the installer you are using was, as you have been told,
written before Windows 10 was released.  The first installer to be written
AFTER Windows 10 can apparently handle it well. I haven't tried.

Lisi