Re: Is nagle disabled?

Le quintidi 25 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Rob van der Putten a écrit :
> So the question should have been 'Is delayed ack disabled'.
> I have a hard finding decent information on the subject, so I did a bit of
> experimentation;
> I send tiny bits of data (two bytes at a time) to a little echo  server. As
> it turns out, the use of delayed acks and therefore nagle, depends on the
> time between sending the bits of data and the RTT.

I do not think you can really test delayed ACK with an echo server: the
principle of delayed ACK is to leave a little time to the application to
send a reply, because then the ACK can be bundled with the reply, saving a
packet.

With an echo server, the reply comes immediately, never letting the delay
for the ACK expire.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George