Re: Using serial console as a poor mans IP kvm?

Hi,

I was just about to order some usb2serial hardware when I read this. Your suggestion will give fewer "moving parts" and is actually very simple to implement. I will loose the ability to do a cold boot, but it will probably not matter too much in my case, at least not for now.

I'll try it when I get the first server assembled. Thanks a lot!

Jarle