Re: mount MTP phone

Ivan Petrov <ipmmx@yandex.ru> writes:

> 06.09.2016 22:19, Joe Pfeiffer пишет:
>> Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> writes:
>>
>>> I've never been able to mount any MTP phone to Linux. Different
>>> phones, different Android versions, different Linux installations,
>>> nada.
>>
>> I've only been able to do it using jmtpfs (I don't have it set up to
>> automount using that).
>>

> Why I have this messages, when I'm using it?
>
> $ jmtpfs /media/exfat
> Device 0 (VID=19d2 and PID=ffce) is UNKNOWN.
> Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp
> development team
> Android device detected, assigning default bug flags

First question:  when you plugged the phone in, did you turn on USB for
file transfers?  Without that I get almost exactly the same behavior you
see:

snowball:501$ jmtpfs /home/joseph/mnt
Device 0 (VID=18d1 and PID=4ee1) is a Google Inc (for LG Electronics/Samsung) Nexus 4/5/7/10 (MTP).
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
snowball:502$ ls mnt
/bin/ls: cannot access 'mnt': Input/output error

If I click the notification on my phone and then select "File transfers"
I get

snowball:507$ jmtpfs /home/joseph/mnt
Device 0 (VID=18d1 and PID=4ee1) is a Google Inc (for LG Electronics/Samsung) Nexus 4/5/7/10 (MTP).
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
snowball:508$ ls mnt
Internal storage/

which is of course what I want.

I'm not sure whether the actual error message you're getting

> Device 0 (VID=19d2 and PID=ffce) is UNKNOWN.
> Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp
> development team

is relevant; that's telling you that the vendor ID and product ID your
phone is using to identify itself aren't in libmtp's database.  If I
search for them at http://www.the-sz.com/ it tells me the vendor is ZTE
(which looking at the table appears to be a chipset manufacturer, not
the manufacturer of your phone) but it can't find your device.  On the
other hand, jmtpfs is seeing that your device is an Android device, so
it seems to have gotten around that somehow.