Re: ALSA package

On 05/09/2016 4:12 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:
On 05/09/16 03:06 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Since you received no replies on this, I thought I would take a stab.

I am working on a script that gathers system information in order to
troubleshoot common problems such as sound. Could you please download
the script
https://gitlab.com/d3k2mk7/rutils/blob/master/debian_user/gather_system_info.py
,  run it as

python3 gather_system_info.py

and copy paste the output to the list? You can runt it as a normal
user as it does not require root privileges. This could help the
experts in diagnosing the problem.

thanks
raju

   Or you could install the inxi script from Debian repositories which
apparently does this and more.

Thanks Frank. How would you suggest using inxi for audio related
issues? Is a mere

inxi -A

enough?

I would think that would be enough. Look through the help options (inxi --help)

closely.