Re: Dual boot. Ubuntu update removes Debian GRUB.

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Stefan.schultz19.5.1991 wrote:

Hello Debian support team,

If you haven't figured it out yet, there is no such thing on this
mailing list.

We are a bunch of users of Debian who try to help each other.

In principle, at least. Most of us.

Brian at <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> asked a question about my question 2.

2/ Is there a Debian approved GRUB boot customizer? I can't find one mentioned anywhere.

Please say what you mean by "boot customizer"?

I did find a GRUB customizer at this link...

http://www.linuxserve.com/2015/05/how-to-install-grub-customizer-406-in.html

If software is not approved by Debian, is it safe to use? It
certainly looks very good. A useful utility for dual boot?

Oh, hey. I found a tuna sandwich on the sidewalk last night. Looks
pretty good to me! Do you think it's safe to eat?

I'm only asking because I value Brian's expert opinion on matters like
these. Yours too, of course.