Re: Jessie live booting at 32 bit uefi PC ?

Hi Thomas Schmitt, Thank you for fast feedback.

Have good day.

2016. 8. 31. 오후 3:58에 "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net>님이 작성:
Hi,

Hyeonjin Oh wrote:
> Is jessie live possible to boot at 32 bit uefi PC ?

Only via "legacy" BIOS emulation.

Inspection of
  http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/8.4.0-live/i386/iso-hybrid/debian-live-8.4.0-i386-standard.iso
shows that there are only boot entries which lure PC-BIOS:

- El Torito boot catalog with a single entry for platform "80x86"
  (which means PC-BIOS). This is used by BIOS when booting from
  optical media (CD, DVD, BD).

- Isohybrid MBR with a single partition starting at 512-block number 64
  and not being of type 0xef. (I.e. it is not the EFI System Partition and
  no valid GUID Partition Table is present.)
  The MBR program code is used by BIOS when booting from USB stick,
  memory card, or hard disk.

You could try whether a netinst ISO boots properly on your hardware:
  http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.5.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-8.5.0-i386-netinst.iso
and if so, ask at
  debian-live@lists.debian.org
to give LiveCD the same boot equipment as netinst has.

There seems to be work in progress
So my advise is not to complain in any way but rather to offer yourself
as tester of newest development.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas