Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

On Tuesday 30 August 2016 19:51:39 Brian wrote:
> > So one large and dominating ISP is rejecting emails from an inconvenient,
> > smaller, rival because there are "too many" of them.
>
> Don't follow this either.

Because I had to snip the error message.  I'll try reporting non-verbatim
indirect speech rather than the quotation from the rejection, and see if I am
allowed to send it.

BT rejected, once a day for several days (which was how often Zen went on
trying to send it), an email I had sent my stepdaughter; on the grounds that
it had had too many messages from Zen's SMTP server.  (Which it mentioned by
IP, not name.)

And it is because that sounds so incredible that I tried to send the verbatim
message.

Lisi