Re: Bluetooth problem

Talk about flakey software! :-( On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Michael Milliman wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:48:01
From: Michael Milliman <michael.e.milliman@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Bluetooth problem

I am running Debian 8.5 on a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5106 laptop and having the following problem:

When trying to connect my bluetooth speakers to the machine, I get all indications that the device is paired and connected. The speaker gives its indication that it is paired and connected as well. However, the speaker never shows up in PulseAudio. Upon further investigation, I find in the Xorg.log.o file that it has been configured as a keyboard, not as a speaker (which would explain why it didn't show up in PulseAudio). The speaker is most definitely not a keyboard!! Any ideas as to how to solve this problem? It is worth noting that this does not happen every time. On occasion, everything works just fine. However, the vast majority of the time, I cannot get it to work properly.

Will be glad to post additional information as necessary.