Re: Getting fqdn, postfix, Comcast to all play nice together

I like that. I'm worried about one of the requirements here (under "Things you will need"):

"
Out of curiosity I ran against the second website and tried to see if the present IP the router has has an issue. So far only two marginal servers have an issue with the current one out of what looks like (about) dozens. I'm currently on a "free" year trial of Amazon EC2 from AWS. I was concerned about the costs. Compared to others. It looks like this could be done for under 15.00 USD for a cost. Any thoughts for or against Amazon?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 5:57 AM, メット <mett@pmars.jp> wrote:

On 2016年8月25日 18:15:48 JST, "John T. Haggerty" <jpcookie@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have the following issue (seems to be common although my details seem
>differ):
>
>1. I recently registered a new domain as WWW.whatever.org or whatever.
>
>2. Postfix gets installed.
>
>3. "Internet site " is enabled fqdn added.
>
>4. Email cannot be sent out to my Gmail address since it magically
>"times
>out" when contacting the servers (even though telnetting to mine and
>Gmail's works fine at port 25)
>
>5. In theory thus should mean that they aren't blocking 25, and it
>should
>work.
>
>6. In the core wiki for Postfix I have the MX record of my server
>updated
>from the registrar to mail.whatever.org (pita since it's dynamic and
>not
>static).
>
>7. I want to avoid using gmail's smtp and comcast's servers since I'd
>love
>to host this on my own.
>
>How can this be accomplished in Debian (not Ubuntu, or something else)?
>(I
>get irritated at Ubuntu specific explanations {which usually don't
>work}
>getting all the search results)
>
>Any help would be appreciated as I spent ~3 days of work and wiping the
>entire OS in case I went wrong somewhere.

Hi,
Try the following site, they have well explained tut:
workaround.org
HTH

--
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of 10 million is a statistic" -- Joseph Stalin

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit"
(Translation:
Everything changes, nothing is lost.)
-- Ovid, _Metamorphoses_