Re: Speedup cp command?

Hi,

Richard Owlett wrote:
> That works nicely.

xorriso packs them up, xorriso packs them out.

> Advantage over cp is progress messages.

It's more entertaining than watching cp -r. :))

In case one prefers silent operation, it is possible to restrict verbosity
to events of severity "WARNING" or worse:

  xorriso -report_about warning \
          -osirrox on:sort_lba_on:auto_chmod_on:o_excl_off \

> 3 of the 13 DVD's had problems with reading files and gave a fatal error
> message [thought I had saved it but I didn't] all successfully copied on
> retry.

In case you need to really fight for a damaged ISO, there would be ways
to combine the successfully read blocks from multiple runs of

  xorriso ...  -check_media  ...

to a single ISO image on disk and to inquire the paths of data files
which stay damaged.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas