Re: Can't install new driver

On 08/19/2016 07:15 PM, Charlie wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:59:06 -0400 Maureen L Thomas sent:

Ok, so I got rid of the windows machine and found a card that fit the
old machine.  It needs the rtl_nic driver to work.  Fine I have that
firmware and the needed driver on a USB stick and on an iso disk for
stretch.  The USB is just the firmware for these type of cards.  I
must be losing my mind because I cannot remember how to get the
driver to install off of the USB to my existing weezy system.  Thank
you for even reading this but I need help.  I did try apt-get install
but it didn't find the file on the USB>
Maureen

	After contemplation, my reply is:

I'm not certain I understand the question. If there is enough detail?

If the Debian Wheezy? system is installed do: dpkg
-i /yourUSBstick/thefile-name.deb

I think that should install it, unless you get any errors.

If you are installing Wheezy? and have a netinstall or DVD/CD just
install the system for now. Bypass the network card search. Then do as
above and after that do all the network search and find things and
apply the packages.

Hope that helps somewhat if not completely.
Charlie

It appeared to have been installed with the above information but I still cannot connect to the net. I have tried to send my log file and dmseg file but apparently it will not go through. Thank you Charlie though that did appear to work with no error messages.
Maureen