iscsistart: TargetName not set.

Hi,

I have installed Debian Jessie (8.5) on an iscsi disk but I am having difficulty booting the system afterwards. (The installation itself went smoothly although a bit slow.)

The Supermicro server I have at my disposal mounts the iscsci target fine via bios/nic firmware and grub loads then up nicely. But the problem starts after grub when the the ip-address has been retrieved via dhcp.

iscsistart then tries to mount the iscsi device but fails with the following line

iscsistart: TargetName not set. Exiting iscsistart

It then drops me into the initramfs shell. From there I have been able to find /etc/iscsi.initrams and /etc/initiatorname.iscsi which seems to contain the correct information to mount the target.

Any additional parameters I add to the kernel command line via grub seems to be ignored.

When I googled this error message I found an old error that was caused by the network not bein available at the time iscsistart was started, but it was several years that particular issue was resolved.

Any help on how I can debug and fix this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

/Fredrik