Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

On 08/12/2016 10:49 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'm looking for a decentralized instant message system (e.g. XMPP, SIP,
> ...) where I can be sure that I receive all messages, even if I'm not
> connected when the message is sent [ Obviously, I'll only receive them
> when I'm back online.  ]
>
> IIUC there is some XMPP features that allow such reliable delivery, but
> it seems that it's not widely supported by clients.  What Debian
> clients, using which protocols, can provide reliable instant messaging?
>

>         Stefan
>

> PS: Bonus points if that feature is also available on an Android
> application that's Free Software.

Has anyone mentioned pidgin which supports many protocols including
sending SMS texts via AOL?  I use it for AOL IM with OTR Off-the-Record
Messaging plugin.  I also like sending SMS texts from the keyboard as well.

apt-cache show pidgin  pidgin-otr

Regards,
Ralph