Re: What Linux distribution to use?

On 07/26/2016 11:35 AM, Johann Klammer wrote:
> Unfortunately, Debian does not work for me anymore.
>
> I have special needs:
> binary packages.
> i386 code without SSE stuff or other surprises.

Well, if you don't tell us why Debian doesn't work for you
any more, then it will probably not be easy to give a
recommendation.

Especially because you need non-SSE I think your options
are limited when it comes to binary distros. Most that still
fall in that category would probably be Debian-based - and
if Debian doesn't work for you anymore, then they might also
have the same issue.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't
based on Debian that still fulfills your criteria would be
Slackware, though I have never tried it:

http://www.slackware.com/

Regards,
Christian