Re: Jessie does not boot (GRUB2 complains with "mduuid not found"

Hi, Pascal.

On 07/23/16 05:48, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

>> The idea was to re-install without losing the containers I had
>> created. After finishing the installation process, GRUB failed
>> to boot with this message:

>> error: failure reading sector 0xb30 from 'fd0'
>> error: disk "mduuid/9c7c52338a6635c48476b6866bc3c650' not found.
>> Entering rescue mode...
>> grub rescue>
> (...)
>> But I see no reference to the block shown in the previous
>> error (mduuid/9c7c52338a6635c48476b6866bc3c650).

> It seems that the GRUB core image which is launched is not the one which
> was (or should have been) installed with the new system.

>> Any recommendations to fix this issue?

> Where did you choose to install the GRUB boot image during the
> installation ? In the MBR (recommended) or in a partition boot sector ?

I used the standard installation of Debian Jessie and in this case I
opted for installation in the MBR. In fact, I remember have chosen
"sda", which was the only option available.

> If in the MBR, just reinstall it with
>
> grub-install /dev/sda

I try this by running grub-install in debug mode from the chroot
environment on SystemRescueCD.

Checking the output, I have not found the error message mentioned
earlier by GRUB and the system has booted without problems.

Thanks for your reply and your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel