[SOLVED] Re: weired - no sound after upgrade

Hi folks,

sound is back! Yeah!

However, I do not know, what was the reason. But this is what I did:

First, tried to initialize the card. The first thing I did, was

pulseaudio --system, which was a bad idea, as the system told me.
Then I tried

alsactl --init , alsctrl -F and alsactl -f, which all seemed to be not
successfull.

At last I tried to kill the pulseaudio demon, which did not succeed. I tried
killall pulseaudio, kill and the process number as well killing with ksysguard
- every time a new pulseaudio process started.

Then I found (yes, one always should read manuals), pulseaudio --kill. This
did not kill the process (as expected), but after this I remarked, that the
sound was back.

I rebooted and the sound is still working. Sadly I do not know, which of my
commands did the trick, but maybe this little report might help others still
somehow in the future.

Thanks to all, who helped me with their hints and tips, the brought me further
on. And I learned again much.

Hip hip hurrah!

Best

Hans