Re: How to blocks clients between them in subnet

On Mon 18 Jul 2016 at 16:37:25 (-0300), Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> > This looks to be impossible. The whole idea of having 1 network
> > segment is that members can communicate directly over layer 2 without
> > ant router/firewall in between.
>
> Actually, it is very much possible, but it needs cooperation from the
> network equipment (switch or wireless AP/router).
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_VLAN
>
> Wireless APs and routers often have a feature that can be enabled to
> "isolate clients" which is similar to a private vlan where all ports are
> private except for the uplink.

Is this what home routers do if you configure the Guest Network option?
I see the checkboxes:
. Enable Guest Network ☐
. Enable Wireless Isolation ☐
. Enable SSID Broadcast ☑
. Allow guests to access My Local Network ☐
on my Netgear router screens.
Or would the guests still be able to see each other (but not the
non-guest users like me)?

Cheers,
David.