MC opens incorrect application from file extension....

Just having a problem with MC where I click on a file: file.odg

MC attempts to open it with iceweasel asking what should this file be opened with in the future?

I have attempted to write the correct instruction in ~/.config/mc But obviously not correctly as it still doesn't work?

Tried to find how to edit the MC .config file on the web, but obviously not asking the right question. A pointer to a page that demonstrates this would be good.

Failing that or if preffered to that, would someone please help me with the way to write the section that will open the .odt .odg and other LibreOffice files through MC.

TIA,
Charlie