Re: openssh-server's default config is dangerous

> So, you're blaming a perfectly good (and reasonably secure) way of
> remote access, but somehow assume that weak passwords are ok.
> By that logic you should not stop there. Why not blame any remote access
> mechanism that uses PAM for password checking as well?

There are many kinds of systems on which weak passwords are OK. For
instance, a home PC has no need whatsoever for a strong password. If
someone breaks into my home, they have access to my data anyway; and
the password is for local use only. If some malware gets into my
computer, it can get the root password through keylogging.

Note: this weak password can still be useful to protect my privacy
from guests.

--
mwnx
GPG: AEC9 554B 07BD F60D 75A3  AF6A 44E8 E4D4 0312 C726