Re: openssh-server's default config is dangerous

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, mwnx wrote:
> Currently, after installing openssh-server, anyone can gain access
> to any user's account on the system using only the corresponding
> user's password. As we know, people do not necessarily use the most
> secure of passwords. This will especially be the case if the user
> does not expect his computer to be accessible in any way from the
> outside.

Well, arguably, we could restrict ssh to key-based access by default
(which has a side effect of not allowing anyone in until keys are
deployed), or at least ask about it.

We could have it behave differently when installed from within
debian-installer (where it is used to complete the installation
remotely, and needs to be password-based).

Feel free to file a *wishlist* bug about it against the openssh-server
package, it would be a much better place to discuss its defaults.

  Henrique Holschuh