Re: Docker in Debian Jessie

Le 08/07/2016 à 19:48, Daniel Bareiro a écrit :
On 08/07/16 14:45, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

Hi all!

I am trying to install Docker Engine 1.11 on Debian GNU/Linux Jessie
(8.5). From what I read in the documentation [1], Debian Jessie is a
supported distribution. However, I am having some problems installing:

(...)
Hello,

Docker tries to use aufs as storage (for /var/lib/docker).
aufs is not in the Debian kernel.

The easiest way I find was to configure Docker to use overalyfs instead.

Here comes the second problem : systemd.

With sysvinit, you simply hav to put a launch option in /etc/default/docker :
DOCKER_OPTS="-s overlay"

With systemd, you have to overrid the service configuration, and if you want to use /etc/default/docker, here's how to do it :

Create /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/overlayfs.conf with that content :
[Service]
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/docker
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/docker daemon -H fd:// $DOCKER_OPTS