Re: GNOME 3.20 dropped support for tap-to-click?

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Francois Gouget wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Michael Biebl wrote:
> [...]
> > Unfortunately the synaptics package in Debian was changed to have a
> > higher priority then libinput [2]. So if you have
> > xserver-xorg-input-synaptics installed you can't configure your touchpad
> > in gnome-control-center atm.
>
> Removing xserver-xorg-input-synaptics worked. Thanks!

I've been meaning to send this for a while.

The problem with removing xserver-xorg-input-synaptics is that then I
can no longer right-click using the touchpad, neither through a hard
click, nor by tapping. It looks like xserver-xorg-input-libinput either
does not support it, or is not configured to support it but then I have
not found any configuration option for it.

So things are still not working as they should :-(

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
           Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.