Re: KDE & removing items from the panel

On 29/06/2016 07:26, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 6/14/16, Peter Hillier-Brook <phb@hbsys.plus.com> wrote:
On 14/06/16 18:17, Hans wrote:
Did you unlock the widgets?

Hans

They've never been locked, but locking and un-locking did not improve
the situation.

On Tuesday 14 June 2016 18:10:48 Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
I've recently noticed that the right-click menu no longer offers an
option to remove the clicked-upon icon from the panel. Anyone any
suggestions for removing icons (not the application).

I'm running up-to-date Debian 8.5 (64 bit).

It's been a long time since I've used KDE so I can't remember how it's
set up. I a-sume similarly different from others of its [genre] but
still, each will be quirky unto themselves.

The requisite disclaimer out of the way, is there some way to go into
where you *add* icons to panels and see if there's then maybe an
option present in that same place for removing them? Maybe if there's
not a notation specifically about "adding", maybe there's a reference
to "customizing" or a similar term?

Just thinking out loud. Good luck! :)

Cindy :)

Hi Peter,

you need to unlock the widgets (right clic on desktop or clic on the "cachew" in one of the screen corners), then you need to clic on the small alf-circle on one end of the panel you want to remove icons from. This will bring the panel configuration option and allow you to right-clic the icons to remove them, or just mouse-over it to get a "remove" option. The icons in the taskbar (far right of the panel) work differently, you need to right-clic the small arrow at the end of the taskbar, and pick "configure". From there you can choose which icons are shown and under what conditions.

Hope it helps.