Re: boot failure only on first try when starting computer

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016, Peter Baranyi wrote:
> >> when I turn on my desktop computer (i5 Skylake) with Debian testing,

Ensure you are using the latest BIOS/UEFI.  Skylake systems with an old
BIOS are unsupportable and broken.  This is always the first thing to
verify when any Skylake-based system behaves badly when running Debian.

You *must* have an up-to-date BIOS with any Skylake-based system to run
Debian.  Right now, this means you need to check for a new BIOS at least
once every two months.

Also, ensure you have the intel-microcode package (from non-free)
installed.  Intel started distributing Skylake microcode updates as
well (but they are not useful if your BIOS/UEFI is too outdated).

  Henrique Holschuh