Re: Warning Window

Richard Barmann composed on 2016-06-23 13:50 (UTC-0400):

Is the following a Kubuntu problem or a Firefox problem. This is
recurring several times a day. How can I eliminate it? I am using

You might not be able to without switching to a faster computer or opening fewer windows or tabs. What is the output from:

	cat /proc/cpuinfo

executed in a Konsole or Xterm window?

How many tabs do you typically have open when it happens? Does it happen only when you open a certain site, or with just a few sites?

Kubuntu 16.04 and Firefox 46.0. I continually get a window that says
Firefox needs to restore.

First try updating, which should replace 46.0 with 47.0. If that does not help, try uninstalling 47.0 and installing the LTS version of Firefox, 45.0.2, instead. See:
https://launchpad.net/~team-esr/+archive/ubuntu/firefox-esr and
http://tinyurl.com/zn7a83u

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the
script continue.

Script: http://secure-ds.serving-sys.c…urstingScript/SZMKFLVPAIDBR.js:9";

When you have trouble with Firefox, a very good place to search for timely and competent help is on http://www.mozillazine.org/ . Most Firefox problems are generic ones, not anything specific to Kubuntu or Debian.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/