Unwanted on-screen keyboard - which package.

I enabled the on-screen keyboard applet in Cinnamon so as to write some
text with French accents. But then it kept on coming up when I didn't
want it, every time I went into any text field. I removed the applet
from my toolbar - no difference.  I found the cinnamon on-screen-
keyboard and deleted its entire directory - no difference. I logged off
and even rebooted - no difference. I switched to Gnome (from Cinnamon)
- no difference, and now I sometimes got a second small keyboard coming
up, which seemed to be something to do with antlr. I deleted its
package. It still came up!

Nothing I do could get rid of this confounded nuisance until I rebooted
again, after purging the antlr packages.

But what package should have a bug filed?

Using Debian testing on amd64, updated this morning.

Thanks
Oliver Elphick