Re: Bug with lib ssl

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016, Fabrice Vaillant wrote:

Hey

I'm running debian testing and I have encountered a weird bug. Wanted to check if that was a real bug or an issue on my end.

The site https://www.w3.org/2010/05/video/mediaevents.html fails on my computer with both iceweasel on chromium whereas it succeds on other computer (not debian) I have tried it with. The reason is that media content downloaded from media.w3.org over https fail due too :

```
An error occurred during a connection to media.w3.org.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
```
Similar error message show up when I try to directly download the content from the site using curl. I suspect an issue in the ssl implementation but I have not been able to reporduce on other site.

Does anybody have a similar problem?

Works for me using Firefox and Google Chrome on unstable. Also works using Firefox on Jessie. I don't have a testing system to try.