Re: how to make bootable live wheezy USB that doesn't use isohybrid

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 08:50:28AM -0400, Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
> I'd like to make a live wheezy USB dongle. I followed the instructions on

Why wheezy ... it's old.

>    https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb
>
> to make a live USB from
>
>    http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.11.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-7.11.0-amd64-standard.iso

There are many ways to make a bootable HDD image if this can be booted.

By using aufs or newer overlayfs, you can choose to make OS persistent
while your running system writing on RAM(tmpfs).

 https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallOnSDcardOrUsbStick
 I have not tested but this may give you hint.

I also use kvm to install system on USB connected HDD from my working
Debian system.

many ways ...