Re: Unattended-upgrades do not seem to be able to restart services

Hello,

On 16-06-08 22:11:33, Jesper Dybdal wrote:
> At the end of unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log, I see:
>
> >Services to be restarted:
> >Skipping dbus.service...
> >systemctl restart apache2.service cron.service
> >Log ended: 2016-06-08  04:36:36
>
> However, apache2 and cron have not been restarted
[..]

It's not unattended-upgrades, what you're seeing is the output of
needrestart, which is configured by default to only showing what it
would do, but not actually restarting anything.

Take a look at the configuration below /etc/needrestart.

Cheers
Wolfgang