Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

On Monday 06 June 2016 11:54:12 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On Seg, 06 Jun 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> Jessie, the current stable version, has version 2.0.4. Testing has
> >> 2.0.9. You seem to be running Wheezy; don't expect a newer version.
> >> For that matter, even Jessie is unlikely to get newer versions
> >> (with the exception of security fixes).
> >
> > So the bottom line is that wheezy doesn't have a decent CAD program,
> > and never will.
>
> I suppose that when it was released, little over three years ago, it
> had a then decent CAD program.

Thats not what I said or intended to say, and no it didn't have one then
either.

That qcad fork, with no docs is the best its ever offered, and its just
qcad renamed & not even close to the last 1.0.7 release.  Freecad has
run on every install I've tried it on over the last 4 or 5 years, but
not on debian wheezy.  It too has a vertical learning curve, decent
docs, but even though Dan Heeks is or was on the team, his heekscnc
convertor got left behind.  And none of its plethora of other export
data formats are readily converted the RS-274-D, the N.I.S.T. std code
format for this.  Linuxcnc grew from that code base, but has now been
extended many many times  So I haven't propped a ladder against freecad
and really really tried to learn it.  But first I'd have to pull the
sources and see if I can build it to run on wheezy.

Thanks Eduardo.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)