Re: Teeny tiny console font after firmware-linux

Den 04. juni 2016 03:24, skrev Bob Bernstein:
> GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
> GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1024x768
> and rem'd out
> # GRUB_TERMINAL=console
>
> The output of 'hwinfo --framebuffer' suggests I have many other larger
> and smaller resolutions available to me, but I am not one to muck
> around with undue familiarity in those far reaches.
>
> If I _knew_ that the result of setting a lesser resolution, say,
> 800x600, would render those Terminus2Bold 16x32 jobbies "bigger" on my
> monitor, I would rally round and charge into it!

Yes, a single character from a given font will most likely take up more
room on your screen if resolution is changed from 1024x768 to 800x600.
You could be out of luck and get a large unused border around the
output, or even not get any output at all though. LCD screens tend to
get a bit "unfocused" if run at non-native resolution. Personally I've
not had much luck messing with console resolution, but it is worth a
shot if you make sure you have an easy way to revert to the working
state you have now.