Re: updates on skylake power management issues?

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016, Richard Hector wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can keep up to date with progress on fixing
> the problems? I scan the LKML archives occasionally, but haven't seen
> much that looks relevant.

lwn.net and LKML are, AFAIK, the only places you might get some
information about this.  Maybe Phoronix can be of some help as well.

> Also, does anyone have (or know where I can find) comments on how
> risky it actually is? I figure it can't be any worse than using the
> machine heavily, right? If it's running flat tack, it won't throttle
> back the CPU anyway? Is using my CPU to its fullest extent outside of
> reasonable use? Or am I misunderstanding it?

AFAIK, it is not going to damage the hardware, but it will age the
battery faster, since it will use it more.

However, and I cannot stress this enough: keep the BIOS/UEFI up-to-date.
For Skylake systems right now, that means check for BIOS updates every
month.

  Henrique Holschuh