Ideas to obtain text file list of emails in an IMAP folder?

List, good afternoon,

Have any debian-user readers ever tried to create a list of all the email messages stored in an IMAP folder?

We run Dovecot as an IMAP server. Email messages relating to different projects/activities are held in different IMAP folders. I'd like to have a list, in a text file, of all the messages held in one or other IMAP folder. The best outcome would be a file listing each message's From, To, Date, and Subject, and any order would do. I only need the list of messages, not the messages themselves. The person doing this would be the person whose mailbox it is, and would have the IMAP passwords etc.

We used to be able to do this using the original versions of the mail client 'Eudora', but Thunderbird is the mail client our users have today, on both Debian (icedove) and Windows, and Thunderbird does not allow 'copying' the list of messages (it allows copying messages, but not copying just the *list* of messages). There doesn't seem to be a plug-in for it, either.

Dovecot (the IMAP server) happens also to have various administration commands:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Mailbox
but, as I have understood from those pages, Doveadm does not seem to include the production of a list of email messages within a folder (though it has a very handy 'tab' format which, if it had had the list feature we want, would fit just what we need for downstream analysis of the file in, for example, a spreadsheet).

Guessing that one way to approach this would be from a mail client, do readers know of a client that could produce a text file containing the list of email messages in an IMAP mail folder?

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions for getting such a list of emails,

regards, Ron