Re: ssh-ing in inside private network

On Wednesday 01 June 2016 00:42:47 Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2016, at 19:25, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > Assuming that sshd is actually running at that stage, which it looks as
> > though it isn't
>
> Looks as though I've given you mostly information that you don't need.
> Sorry about that.  At the risk of doing so again, here's how you can tell
> if the ssh daemon is running.  Issue
>
>    ps aux|grep ssh
>
> You should see something like the following in the output:
>
>    root       709  0.0  0.0  10200  3632 ?        Ss   May24   0:00
> /usr/sbin/sshd
>
> The thing to look for is "/usr/sbin/sshd".  If you don't see it, it's not
> running.

The pipe symbol doesn't work on the keyboard at present attached - I have just
trid.  I have shutdown for now.  I'll attach another keyboard and test and
then put this thread to bed - at least, my part of it.  But probably not for
a couple of days.  But I'll write a summary then.

I am most grateful for all the help you lot have given me.

Lisi