Re: [deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk: Re: Network manager (again) Re:]

On Monday 30 May 2016 20:35:40 Rodary Jacques wrote:
> Thank you, I didn't know. In French (I was careful
> here) languages' names and peoples' nationalities
> don't take a capital letter. But towns' and countries'
> names do of course.
> 	Jacques
> P.S.:I still don't see where was the joke in my post,
> but never mind.

I couldn't make head or tail of what you were saying about *English* so
decided that it was meant to be a joke.  You *were* trying to make a joke of
it, of course.  If you had just said "When I type "english" the spell-checker
tries to correct to to "English", why?" I'd have known immediately what you
meant.

So:  I would have got that wrong in French (note the capital) too.  I thought
that: Je suis Anglaise et je parle anglais, vous êtes Français et vous parlez
français.  But you say that it is: Je suis anglaise et je parle anglais, vous
êtes français et vous parlez français?  (Parlez-vois français, je parle le
français?)

Lisi